The Cook Inlet Harbor Safety Committee is a non-profit organization that serves as a forum to promote safe, efficient, and environmentally sound maritime operations in the Cook Inlet. You can learn more about our mission and activities at http://www.cookinletharborsafetycommittee.org.
The Committee is now soliciting interested applications to fill the following vacant stakeholder seats:
- Cruise Ship Operators – Alternate
- LNG Carrier Operators – Alternate
- Small Passenger Vessel Operators – Alternate
- Tanker Operators – Primary
- Tanker Operators – Alternate
Qualifications: Per Article 5.1 of the CIHSC Charter, in order to qualify for the above seats an individual must have maritime expertise as documented by one of the following:
- Has held or currently holds a Merchant Officer’s credential,
- Has held or currently holds a position on a commercial vessel that includes navigational responsibility, or
- Has or currently holds a position in a company that operates commercial marine vessels in Cook Inlet.
Individuals with onboard navigational experience will be given preference.
- Environmental Organization – Alternate
- Marine Oil Terminal Operators – Primary
- Recreational Boaters – Alternate
Qualifications: Per Article 5.1 of the CIHSC Charter, in order to qualify as a member for the above seats an individual must reside in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Municipality of Anchorage, the Kenai Peninsula Borough, or another Alaska community that is contiguous to Cook Inlet and present evidence that they are a member or employee of an organization that represents their stakeholder group.
The member and alternate are charged with broadly representing their stakeholder group’s interests. In order to provide effective representation, they are expected to communicate between themselves and with other members of their respective stakeholder group.
If you are interested in applying for one of these seats please send a Letter of Interest and Resume to Nuka Research and Planning Group, LLC, PO Box 175, Seldovia, AK 99663 or by email email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is February 6, 2017.